Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Friday, March 17, 2006

Elite Preschool

My 1 1/2 year old son is enrolled in one of the most elite preschools around. The teachers are compassionate and loving. The education he is receiving will set him up for a great future. The facility is huge and includes an indoor swingset and lots of educational toys; the outdoor play area includes a trampoline. The preschool has a pet therapy program and an "elderly match" program where the kids get to spend time with a grandmotherly figure. The student teacher ratio is out of this world. It ranges from 3 students per teacher to 1 student per 2 teachers! He is definitely getting all the attention and love he needs. He gets regular exposure to foreign language and music. I don't have to pack a lunch because they serve homecooked meals at this preschool and supplement it with regular snacks of highly nutritious breastmilk. I highly recommend this preschool to others. If you want your child to get into the "right" college you have GOT to get on this preschools waiting list!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger Anne Basso said…

    Fabulous school! I have mine in a similar environment. It's truly amazing. LOL

     
  • At 2:27 PM, Blogger Ben Meyer said…

    You don't mention the name of the preschool... Also why can't there be grand fathers get involved? If our preschool system so sexist? Did you know that in Japan only men are preschool teachers?

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Deena said…

    Ben,

    My older children were in a residential program with a Grandfatherly figure who interacted with them regularly...

    but seriously, your comment about the Japanese system was interesting so I looked into it further. I couldn't find anything that verified the male preschool teachers, and in fact two web sites claimed that young women primarly teach (just like here in the US). In my pursuit of information I did find other interesting facts. The Japanese preschools offer a lot more boy friendly activities than their American counterparts. Some examples given are pillow fights, building water systems with PCV tubing, hammering with nails and wood, and an instance where the kids were chasing eachother and jumping out of the windows.

    As a parent of boys I can attest to the "un-boy-friendly" atmosphere that American schools are. I remember visiting my sons school in Kindergarten and being horrified by the sheer amount of coloring they did (A LOT). My son hated coloring.

    But back to the Japanese system... in the older years the school system runs something like 210 days a year. Yikes. That's too much for me. It's a blog in and of itself.

     
  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Deena said…

    OK, OK, my best friend just emailed me, asking me about this preschool thing. So obviously my little satire was a little TOO GOOD. As many of you know, I believe that parents should raise their children the best they can and that means avoiding preschools as much as possible. They are not the best environment for children. Everything I mentioned in this blog is true about MY HOME. (Even the indoor swingset, it's in my basement playroom). As this blog demonstrates, your local preschool can't even begin to compete with what the home has to offer. And COME ON people, I said that it offers snacks of BREASTMILK!? You didn't get it?

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Bruce said…

    Snacks of BREASTMILK???

    Things really have changed in preschools.

    By the way, is your blog going to be on the test? (lets see, breastmilk, check, hammering, check...Oh, I'll never remember it all...)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">