Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Saturday, February 11, 2006

A great weight loss tip

Today on Oprah, she gave a great weight loss tip. Now, I consider myself a bit of a weight loss expert. I am a former personal trainer and I also wrote a book about how to lose weight. I had never thought about this tip though. She said that when you feel that little tiny Gnawing hunger in the pit of your stomach - your instinct is to go to the refrigerator and maybe pour yourself a bowl of cereal, but if you can restrain yourself and live through that little hunger - THAT Is the time when your body starts burning your fat reserves. She is SO RIGHT. I never thought of it that way. I did give similar advice to go to bed slightly hungry so that you can eat a big breakfast in the morning. And the only caution I can give is that you only allow that hunger at night. I think it's important to eat lots of small meals during the day to kick-start your metabolism. Starving yourself all day will only work against your weight loss goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">