Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, December 29, 2005

More lessons at UPS

My husband and I compliment each other well because he is the street smart one and I am the book smart one. Our strengths are utilized in different life situations. For instance, he can buy a used car without getting screwed (in fact, usually getting a great deal) and I can read all the fine print on the credit card offers and save him from getting scammed. Also, I can teach the kids their school work. He can teach them how to impress the girls.

Anyway, I admit I am sometimes lacking in the commonsense/street smart area. The kind of skills that are so important for a blue collar job. So that is an area that is really being challenged at my job as a package loader. Some examples: Me thinking that there was no paperwork on the hazardous package because I couldn't figure out how to open the velcro seal, Loading too many heavy packages on the top of a wall until it fell, not being able to figure out which ladder to go up to break a jam, looking around for a gigantic set of rollers that were right in front of my eyes.

Instead of getting frustrated with my job or angry at my supervisor for correcting me, I am embracing this as an education in the one area of life that I really need to work on. I'm sure this could benefit me in immeasurable ways. Hopefully the learning curve isn't too steep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">