Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Sense of smell

Of the five senses, the sense of smell has the strongest link to memory. The summer of 96 was a memorable one for me. Timmy and I were young lovers then; spending all our time together. He had his first apartment. So instead of cooking the boys just had barbecues every day. We drove around in his sports car listening to La Bouche or Ace of Base "Its a beautiful life" or Selena. One evening as we hung out in his room a skunk let out a stink right outside the apartment. Since it was a hot summer day all the windows were open. I've never smelled anything so powerful. The neighbor dog howled in misery. It was nauseating. We shut the windows and wondered at the power of the smell. Years later... Now whenever I smell a skunk I am immediately taken back to that time in my life of carefree life and young love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">