Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Potty Trained Infants

There's a new trend in parenting called "elimination communication". Supposedly you can potty train a young baby by learning to read the signs that he/she has "to go". Of course this isn't really new. It's been practiced around the world since the beginning of time. In fact, years ago my childless friend was raving about it.

As for me, I've been able to tell that Dimitri has to go since for a long time now. In fact we used to race him to the toilet when he started to pee. But then he would stare at the toilet in awe and fascination and stop peeing. The same thing would happen if we did it today. So I guess you could say I've tried E.C. and it didn't work for me. So if others want to practice it then great, so long as they don't give the rest of us a guilt trip for not being able to do it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">