Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Our new life

Well, life is changing fast around here. Brandon started school yesterday. It was very exciting since we've been homeschooling the past two years. I had Timmy (Dad) take him on his first day because I was sick. He had an emotional moment when he choked up, missing his son. There's something about dropping your kid off at school for the first time that cuts at your heart when you realize how much you love your child. I'm glad Timmy is catching up on a lot of experiences he missed earlier in the kids' life.

Wolfie starts school next week.

I started loading boxes Monday. I also came down with a bad case of strep throat Monday. NOT COOL. I was sick as a dog. But I had to go in. I couldn't miss the first day of work. I could get fired for that. So I went and I survived. My trainer and I (Stacy) have a lot in common. Same age. She's married. Goes to a nearby church, nursing school. We know some of the same people. We'll have to keep in touch after training is over.

I'm doing OK at my job. Just OK. I'm used to excelling at everything I try my hand at. I'm not used to this mediocre stuff. When I told my husband that he said he didn't realize I was so conceited. hmmm. Anyway, they want me to be faster and more accurate. Hello. I can be one or the other. But I don't know about both. I guess I'm doing normal. I load 100 boxes an hour. But eventually they're going to expect 300 an hour. How am I going to triple my speed? We'll see.

So that's about it. I'll write about something else next time. Don't worry.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:47 AM, Blogger Bruce said…

    I found a pretty good article that fits in with some of what you're talking about. It's called "Against Eternal Youth" by Frederica Mathewes-Green in the August/September 2005 issue of First Things. The issue is located at the firstthings.com website and will be available when the issue is off the stands.

    FM-G also has a good article called "Let's Have More Teen Pregnancy." Obviously she's not speaking in current code. See frederica.com.

    One time I was talking with my neighbor, a dear friend, a scientist, and we were semi-debating birth control and family size, things like that. I said that people everywhere have always practiced family planning--by which I meant that they got married planning to have a family, probably planning to have lots and lots of kids. My friend, clearly, meant by "family planning" the idea of planning against having a family. Strange how words get turned around, isn't it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">