Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, August 25, 2005

A favorite story from my past

This is one of my favorite stories I like to retell to my friends.

When I was in high school I had a little crush on my chemistry teacher, Mr. Cody. The odd thing was that he was really old - like 65. But I could imagine what he was like when he was a young boy, probably a rebel and I was attracted to those bad boys. He rode a motorcycle. He had a really cool scar across his cheek. Plus he was smart. And I really liked the way he controlled the classroom. He always put the punks in their place and he could be funny and sarcastic. And if you did something he liked you could get a smile out of him and a gleam in his eye.

I had mentioned to my parents that I really liked Mr. Cody. They knew I had a little crush on him. So parent/teacher day rolls around. They take the tour of the school and spend a few minutes in each classroom. The next-to-last one was chemistry. They were excited to meet this "Mr. Cody", whom I had spoken so admiringly of. They were expecting to meet a young handsome man, when... Surprise surprise... They meet this old man. He couldn't possibly be Mr. Cody. But he was.

Ha Ha. That was a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">