Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Friday, June 10, 2005

My baby's birthday

My baby turned one! It was a wonderful birthday. I was afraid it wasn't going to be, because we have no money, because of buying the house this month. But my husband called me on the way home from work and said "Do you want me to pick up anything?" and I said "I want you to bring us to Walmart because Brandon (the 8 year old) wants to buy Dimitri (the baby) a present." So we all met at Walmart to buy this "Elefun" game that we've been planning on getting for his birthday. While we were at the store Dimitri saw this enormous Winnie the Pooh bear and he wanted it so I gave it to him and he loved it. He hugged it and rested his head on it. It was so cute.

So we got the presents and went home to prepare for a real party. I whipped together a cake. My husband cooked dinner. The boys wrapped the two presents. After dinner we did the long awaited for candle ceremony. I'd been practicing with Dimitri, for a while, how to blow out candles. I noticed that my other two boys learned to blow out candles just a few weeks after their first birthday and I thought maybe if they had been exposed to the candle blowing ceremony before their birthday they would know how to on their birthday. Alas, my practices were in vain. Dimitri stared blankly at the candle as usual and tried to grab the flame as usual. Ha Ha. I guess it's really just a developmental stage they have to reach. Unfortunately just a few weeks too late.

Then he "opened presents" (ie, his brothers ripped them in front of him). We ate cake. We played Elefun which was a hit with all three boys. We went to bed, taking turns hugging the Pooh Bear.

All in all, it was a wonderful family evening. Just like a birthday should be.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Sandy said…

    Sounds like fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">