Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Sunday, June 05, 2005

The latest career plan

This was funny but sad. I called the Career Education Institute to find out about classes to become a medical assistant. The representative said they cost "12-9" and I thought she meant $1290; but it wasn't until later when I was talking to a friend who had also checked them out that she informed me that it costs 12,900. Ha Ha . What a rip-off!!! When you graduate you can only earn about $10 an hour. Ha Ha. But it's sad because the kind of girls who go to that school are generally poor, uneducated moms. Shame on them for taking advantage of them like that.

So instead I'll take a one month Certified Nurse Associate course for only $750, at which point I am qualified for a similar $10 an hour job. I'm also planning to take Anatomy and Physiology this year at UMASS Lowell and get that out of the way since I figure that's the hardest class of them all. Then next year I can start the two year RN program at Middlesex. Somehow I should fit a job in here. I don't know how or when. I'll keep you posted.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 5:10 PM, Blogger Anne Basso said…

    Do they have TMA's in your state? They didn't have such a job in CA where I started my nursing career, but in MN they have them. They're Trained Medication Assistant's, and work both as nursing assistants, and passing out medication to residents in long term care. Where I work they start at $14 an hour and it's only about a couple of months of education. And a lot of employers will pay to have you continue your education. They need nurses that badly.

    Blessings,

    Anne Basso LPN

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">