Trying to raise my kids the best I can

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Is this normal?

I have two questions for you. The first is that I frequently mix up the names of my five year old and ten month old. I'm pretty sure it is because the five year old was the baby for so long. And so his name slips out of my mouth when I'm thinking 'baby'... but come on! It's been ten months now! This is getting old. Or maybe because their names both end in the sound "ee"

My next question is for you experienced breastfeeders. My baby likes to switch back and forth between breasts. The obvious thought is that one breast is more full then the other or maybe he's looking for fore-milk or hind-milk so he switches to find it. But he does it over and over and over. He will switch about every ten seconds for maybe ten minutes or so. It's not every time I breastfeed, only occasionally. Usually at bedtime. Maybe he thinks it's a game. Does anyone have experience with this? I guess I should ask this on a breastfeeding website.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Ben Meyer said…

    When you put in your e-mail address on websites use %40 rather then the "@" symbol. %40 is interpreted by your web browser as "@", but spam bots wont see your e-mail address. And if that doesn't work you can always just to "foo at bar dot com"

     
  • At 1:29 PM, Blogger KatyM said…

    When this happens late in the day I assume it is because my milk supply is a little low. Some breast compression helps them get a little more out. Breastfeedingonline.com has info on that.
    Or it might not be that at all. :)
    Katy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
<BASE href="http://www.allnaturalmother.blogspot.com /"> <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="parenting blog, natural mother, all natural mother, parenting tips, parenting techniques, homeschool mother, christian mother, mothering tips, mothers blog "> <META NAME="Description" CONTENT="An All Natural Mother’s Guide to Parenting: Find information on Parenting.">